Monday, March 06, 2006

And now I'm so looking forward to the Sopranos

So, I hate that Crash won for best picture. I needn't waste any more time hating on that movie, but I do have to reply to the crap that has been spewing from stupid TV news people. No, Crash didn't win because Hollywood is not ready to award gay themes (um, did Phillip Seymore Hoffman NOT just win best actor? Did Brokeback not win writing and directing?). It is because the Academy loves itself, and Crash is about ugly petty bullshit that happens in LA.

A few other things I'd like to say about Oscar night:

1. Naomi Watt's dress. I can't cut into her as well as the Go Fug Yourself girls, so read this.

2. George Clooney, if you weren't the Rock Hudson of the 21st century, you'd so totally be my secret celebrity boyfriend.

3. Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep's introduction of Altman was pure genius.

4. Also genius? The "Cowboys are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other" montage.

5. I'd like to personally invite Jon Stewart to host the Oscars indefinitely. He was brilliant.

I'm so tired, so I'm done. It was a good season, even though my favorite movie (brokeback) didn't win the big one, my second favorite movie (constant gardener) only got supporting actress, but deserved it, and my third favorite movie (munich) got a big batch o' nothing. Ah well.

No comments: