Monday, January 30, 2006

Whoo Hoo!

I have to say that this is very exciting. I love the movie blog idea.

I have to add that Peggy and I have been addicts to the Oscar thing for much longer than three years. I remember watching with her over the phone for many years. I also remember getting to visit my way cool big sister in college and watching the oscars at her apartment, eating mac-n-cheese out of the pan and making fun of those fugly late 1980's "gowns." I have also watched the Oscars from Europe twice, from start to finish. The show there begins around 2am, and I stayed up all night for both (the second time watching in half subtitled/half dubbed Portugese). We have been freaks for this kind of thing for a way long time, but due to having babies and stuff we hadn't been able to make the commitment to see ALL of the movies until just a few years ago. And just so you know, we were still just as competitive and "in to it" even when we hadn't seen all of the movies.

So basically what I'm trying to say is:

Pop Culture + Competition = Peggy and Molly Heaven

So, who will be nominated tomorrow? I am going to pick the five best picture nods.

1. Brokeback Mountain (because, well, duh)
2. Walk the Line
3. Crash
4. Good Night, and Good Luck
5. The Constant Gardener

Heh, and I've only seen one of those... Geeking out, in its purest form...

No comments: