Monday, January 30, 2006

Academy Award Nominations Announced Tomorrow!

I'm geeking out, as Molly would say. I'm so excited to find out what the nominees will be for 2005 ...

For the past 3 years or so, my sister Molly, and my best friend Maureen, and I have seen all of the Oscar nominated best-picture films prior to the Oscar awards show. Our friend Francine is in on it this year. We have really enjoyed it - even if we sometimes end up at the very last weekend rushing to get that final movie in. But then we all watch the awards show together - and have running ballots of who we think will win, and who we WANT to win. Very fun.

So this blog is an attempt to capture our mania in the next month. The mania starts tomorrow morning in earnest, as I know that Molly and I will be awake and watching E! channel at 6:30 am MST as they read off the names of the nominees in Hollywood. I'll probably be clutching a mug of coffee in one hand, and the telephone on the other - cuz Molly or I will end up calling each other by the time all of the names have been announced and before the studio audience is finished clapping.

I love watching the announcement - it's so early in CA, and the poor blokes that read the nominations are usually on the verge of something important (career-wise) that makes them realize that reading the Academy Award nominations is actually a complimentary assignment, even if it means they have to wake up at like, 3:00 am, and speak in complete sentences by 5:30 am. Wonder who it will be tomorrow?

Anyway ... we're about to embark on another Oscar movie watching season. Hip-hip-hooray! I'm hoping that Maureen and Francine will enjoy posting here too - as well as anyone who enjoys a good movie. Oh, and "good movie" is completely subjective here - what you like, you like and that's good enough for me.

No comments: