Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Peggy's Movie Meme

I'm posting my meme answers here. See the post below this one for the questions alone - and then make your own list to share!

Name your (current) top 5 movies of all time.
My top 5 today could be somewhat different than my top 5 tomorrow. Today I’m feeling sentimental, so I’m listing, in no particular order, the movies that have particular sentimental meaning to me:
• “Singin’ In The Rain”
• “ET”
• “Titanic”
• “Parenthood”
• “It’s a Wonderful Life”

What is your favorite movie line ever?
Favorite EVER? That’s a long time, friends. I’ll take a stab at it and pick, “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer,” from “The Godfather II.” It’s not that I live by that quote or anything, I just think it best embodies the film. I took a look at AFI’s Top 100 Movie Quotes from a year or so ago to find my line, just so you know.

Who is your favorite movie character?
Indiana Jones – he has it all!

What movie do you love that most people hate?
“Titanic” – I don’t trust people who HATE this movie, btw. Save your hatin’ for evil dictators and people who kill puppies.

What movie do you hate that most people love?
"Pulp Fiction"

What was the last movie that you saw in the theater?
"Blades of Glory"

What was the last movie you watched on DVD or via Video OnDemand?
"The 40-Year Old Virgin"

Can you remember what the first DVD that you purchased was? What was it?
I can’t exactly remember. Maybe it was "Titanic?" I know that I had "Titanic" on VHS, loaned it around, and it got ruined. It may have been my first DVD purchase. Then again, it’s probably more realistic for me to say that it was a kids movie – like "Toy Story," or "A Bugs Life," or maybe even "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace."

(For us old fogies ... ) Can you remember the first VHS movie you purchased? What was it?
When I was a teenager, my family bought “It’s a Wonderful Life.” That is the first movie that I can recall owning instead of renting and re-renting, and re-renting again.

What movie have you seen that you never want to see again?
“Night and Fog” - a 1955 documentary about the Holocaust. The images in that movie were burned into my brain. I am glad I saw it, but I never want to see it again.

What is your least favorite movie ever?
I wish I could say something like, “Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,” but I never saw that one. I guess I can admit to a visceral reaction to seeing “Sideways.” I really didn’t like that movie.

What song or soundtrack would you choose as your life's theme?
I love the soundtrack to “ET” because it combines everything I love about life – wonderment, awe, action, and the emotions of love, longing, and yes, even sadness.

Which actor or actress would you like to look like?
Looking like Angelina Jolie wouldn’t be so terrible. I’ve also always wished I looked like Grace Kelly.

What classic movie are you embarassed to admit you've never seen?
”Casablanca” I've seen parts, but never the whole.

What is your favorite movie genre?
Dramedy – A well-written drama that makes me laugh from the gut and cry from the heart all within opening and closing credits.

What is your least-favorite movie genre?
Teen-sex romp films – mostly just because so few are done well.

Is there an actor/actress/director whose movies you refuse to see?
No, although at this point you might have to threaten my children or pay me huge sums of money to get me to see anything directed by Quentin Tarantino. I’m hoping he comes around (i.e. grows up), so I won’t etch my hatred for him in stone, though.

What is your favorite movie concession stand snack?
Junior Mints

Front row, back row, center seats, aisle seats - where do you prefer to sit in a theater?
Middle of the theater, middle row – and I always, Always, ALWAYS prefer stadium seating.

2 comments:

molly_g said...

AWESOME, Pegs. I can't wait to write my response. I'm very surprised that your favorite movie quote was not spoken by Steve Martin, though. : )

Peggy said...

I'm leaving this comment so that I can test whether my browser is interfering with text I type in web forms. I'm having the problem at work, and am simply trying to see if it happens in other environments as well.